Surveys Checks is a popular method of payment through online surveys. Here, we discussed the online surveys that pay by Check as well as all you need to know about Checks. Are you actually interested in receiving Checks by doing paid surveys?
If yes, you have come to the right post
Below you will find our online Survey that pay by check. This is a list of Check paying surveys and sites that we would recommend starting out with. These sites have proven to be some of the best and will give you a good feel of the different types of paid survey sites that pay by Check.
What is Check or Cheque?
Check or Cheque (British English) is a document that request a bank to pay a certain amount of money from a person’s account to the person in whose name the check has been issued for. The person writing the Check, the drawer, has a transaction banking account (often known as a current, cheque, chequing or checking account) where their cash is held. The drawer usually writes the various details including the amount of money, date, and a payee on the Check, and signs it, ordering their bank, which is known as the drawee, to pay that individual or company the amount of money stated on the Check.
Check is a form of bill of exchange and was developed as a way to make payments without the need to carry large amounts of cash. Paper money evolved from promissory notes, another form of negotiable instrument similar to Check in
History of Check
The Check found its origins dating in the ancient banking system, in which bankers would issue orders at the request of their customers, to pay cash to identified payees. An order such as this was known as a bill of exchange. The use of bills of exchange help facilitated trade by eliminating the need for merchants to carry large quantities of cash to purchase goods and services.
The ancient Romans are also believed to have used an early form of Check known as praescriptiones in the 1st century BCE.
Muslim traders as well are known to have used the Check or ṣakk system since the time of Harun al-Rashid (9th century) of the Abbasid Caliphate. Transporting a paper sakk was a lot more secure than transporting real cash. In the 9th century, a merchant in nation A could cash a saqq drawn on his bank in nation B.
In the 13th century in Venice the bill of exchange was developed as a legal device to allow international trade without the need to carry large amounts of gold and silver. Their use subsequently spread to all other European countries.
Parts of Check
The four main items on a Check are
- Drawer: the person or entity who makes the cheque
- Payee: the recipient of the money
- Drawee: the bank or other financial institution where the cheque can be presented for payment
- Amount: the currency amount
As Check usage increased during the 19th as well as 20th centuries additional items were also added to increase its security or to make its processing a lot more easier for the bank or financial institution:
A signature of the drawer is now required to authorize the Check and this is the major way to authenticate the Check.
Second it became customary to write the amount to pay in words as well as in numbers to avoid making mistakes and also make it harder to fraudulently alter the amount after the Check has been written. Although it is not a legal requirement to write down the amount money in words, however some banks may refuse to accept Check that do not have the amount in both numbers as well as words.
An issue date was also added, and Check may not be valid a certain period of time after issue. In the US and Canada a Check is typically valid for six months after the date of issue, after which it is a stale-dated Check, but this all depend on where the Check is drawn; in Australia this is usually fifteen months. A Check that has an issue date in the future, a post-dated Check, may not be able to be presented in bank until that date has passed, writing a post dated Check may simply be ignored or is illegal in some countries around the world. Conversely, an antedated Check has an issue date in the past.
A Check number was also added and Check books were issued so that Check numbers were sequential. This allowed for some basic fraud detection by banks and also made sure one Check was not presented twice.
In some countries around the world such as the US, Check contain a memo line where the purpose of the Check can be indicated as a convenience without affecting the official parts of the Check. In the United Kingdom this line is not available and such notes are often written on the reverse side of the Check.
In the USA, at the top of the reverse side of the Check, there are usually one or more blank lines usually labelled something like “Endorse here”.
Machine readable routing and account details:
Starting in the 1960s machine readable routing and account details was also added to the bottom of Check in MICR format. This allowed automated sorting and routing of Check between banks and led to automated central clearing facilities. The info provided at the bottom of the Check is country specific and is driven by each country’s Check clearing system. This means that the payee no longer had to go to the bank that issued the Check, instead they can deposit it at their own bank or any other banks and the Check would be routed back to the originating bank and funds transferred to their own individual bank account.
Check often include additional documents. A page in a chequebook may consist of both the Check itself and a stub or counterfoil – when the cheque is written, only the cheque itself is detached, and the stub is retained in the chequebook as a record of the Check. Alternatively, cheques may be recorded with carbon paper behind each Check, in ledger sheets between Check or at the back of a chequebook, or in a completely separate transaction register that comes with a chequebook.
Check Alternative payment methods include:
- Debit card payments
- Credit card payments
- Direct debit (initiated by payee)
- Direct credit (initiated by payer), ACH in US, giro in Europe, Direct Entry in Australia
- Wire transfer (local and international) such as Western Union and MoneyGram
- Electronic bill payments using Internet banking
- Online payment services , e.g. PayPal, Paytm and Worldpay
- Money orders
Surveys Checks is the popular and the oldest method of paying survey takers. It is quite easy to use and do not need companies or online survey sites to be president in your country to be able to get paid. It also makes it possible to send out payment around the world unlike some payments method which as not globally accepted as a payment system in some countries around the world.
Below you will find the popular and genuine websites that offer surveys for Check
“If this is your first time visiting BestPaidSurveyWebsites.com, be sure to visit the Getting Started page if you would like some good info and tips about signing up for Best paid survey Websites. You’ll find lots of great information about taking paid online surveys, some good tips to help you get started and also some information about this site. I would also recommend signing up for the FREE LPS Newsletter which is a great source for the latest survey offers and news.”
1. Toluna USA (Your2Cents) – Join the Toluna Online Opinion Panel. Earn $1 to $5 each time you qualify and complete a survey. (US only)
2. NPD Online Research – Fill Out Surveys and Win Cash
3. Global Test Market USA – Join Global Test Market and get paid to influence the next generation of consumer services and products. Make a difference now! (US Only)
4. Survey4Profit – Earn cash and prizes just for sharing your opinion (US Only)
5. Opinion World Business – gives you the chance to let businesses and other organizations know what you think. When you join OpinionWorld, and every time you participate in one of our surveys, you earn valuable SurveyPoints which can be redeemed for a variety of awards, including airline miles, gift cards and high-quality executive merchandise. (US Only)
6. E-Poll Rewards – Take polls for fun & rewards and get 100 points instantly just for joining now! (US only)
7. Mindfield – Cash incentives for every completed survey. Monthly drawings just for participating. Prizes include: iPhones and Flat-panel TVs.
8. Inbox Dollars – Sign Up and get $5.00 INSTANTLY. Join Survey sites and make $0.35 to $4.00
9. Quality Health Free Purell Sample – You can get your free Purell sample and many more valuable offers from QualityHealth.com. (US only)
10. Ipsos Surveys USA – Make your opinion count! Win $5,000 for joining the i-Say Panel. Plus, each time you complete a survey, you have a chance to win cash. Share your views, influence decision-makers and win CASH – it’s that easy! (US Only)
11. Survey Spot – Take surveys and get cash, prizes, and rewards! Join SurveySpot today and let your opinion be heard … and win! (US, Canada & UK)
12. ACOP – Join American Consumer Opinion™ and get paid cash to complete online surveys. Typically $4 to $25 for each survey you complete! Evaluate new products, test new advertising, and tell companies what you like, don’t like, and want in the future. Make your opinions count! (US only)
13. Quality Health Summer Samples – Free Samples for the Summer! Get Yours Now! (US only)
14. Quality Health Survey – We know you’ve got opinions about healthcare, join Qualityhealth and tell major healthcare companies exactly what you think about their products and services. (US only)
15. Your Free Surveys – Join YourFreeSurveys and get $4 just for registering. Get paid up to $50 for taking online Surveys. (US Only)
17. Opinion Outpost – What’s your opinion? Join Opinion Outpost and start earning cash for sharing it. You earn cash for each survey you complete. Membership is free. (US and Canada)
18. Snap Dollars USA – Get paid $5 for joining this program that pays you to sign-up for freebies, surveys and more. (US Only)
Once you’re finished with our Best List of surveys that pay Check, sit back, relax and wait for the survey invites to roll in. Don’t forget to bookmark this post (Ctrl + D). We will be adding many more NO BULL paid online survey sites with Check as payment method.
Do you know any other genuine online survey sites that pay Check? Kindly use the comments section below to let us know.